I don't hear any sounds AFT uses MIDI to play guitar and bass sounds, and MIDI is included in practically every sound card. If you cannot hear sounds, here are a few pointers:
- Speakers/headphones cables, volumes and connections. Make sure they are OK. Try playing some other sound file on your computer to verify.
- MIDI device engaged. Only one program at a time can use MIDI. If there's another program running which uses MIDI, then AFT can't produce sounds. Programs like WinAmp, Media Player, etc. may be holding the MIDI device, so try closing those other programs and try again.
- Volume/mute settings. Open the Windows mixer (or other mixers you may have installed) and make sure that the "playback" volumes sliders of MIDI, FM Synth, WAVE, and Master Volume are open enough. Make also sure these devices are not muted. AFT itself has a volume slider, so check that it is also open enough.
- Windows MIDI settings. We noticed that while Windows 95/98/ME/XP automatically install MIDI correctly, Windows NT often requires that you enable MIDI yourself. If necessary, check the "Multimedia" component in the Windows's Control Panel.
- Sound card settings. Make sure your sound card is installed properly. Try playing some other sound file on your computer to verify.
If you're still having problems, try playing some MIDI file (*.MID) and then some WAV file (*.WAV) on your computer, to understand whether the problem affects all sounds, only MIDI, or only AFT. If you write and explain the problem in detail, we'll try to help you more. TOP
The program window does not fit in the screen The program window has a starting size suitable for screen areas of 800x600 or larger. If your computer has lower display settings the program window may not fit. In this case you can press the [ALT] + [SPACE BAR] keys and then select "Maximize", which will result in the program window exactly fitting the screen area. Of course, if your graphic hardware allows it, you might also want to enlarge the screen area. To do that, go [Start] -> [Settings] -> [Control Panel] -> [Display] -> [Settings] -> [screen area] TOP
Is there a Mac version? Yes, we recently published a Mac OX version of our musical training software. (No iOS version for iPhone/iPad however, sorry) TOP
Do you have another question? If so, please write to